Love scuba diving?
Want to share it with others on a whole new level?
Then take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career.
Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
– Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
– A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
– At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
- We HIGHLY RECOMMEND (and would advise) have Emergency Oxygen Provider aswell.
– Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply – ask your PADI Instructor.
To get a sneak peak of what the PADI Divemaster course is all about CLICK HERE to sign up for your FREE Intro to Divemaster Course.
You will receive your learning manual within 7 working days of placing your order. This will need to be completed before your practical session(s).
We offer both 1-2 week courses throughout the year, or if you'd like a bit more flexibility we can do an internship. An internship means that you can take it at your own pace over 12 months and join us at our pool sessions, boat & shore dives, open water days and any other training days to gain your experience and earn your Divemaster rating at a more reasonable pace.
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
Topics and practical workshops include:
– The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
– Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
– Diver safety and risk management
– Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
– Business of diving and your career
– Awareness of the dive environment
– Dive setup and management
– Mapping an open water site
– Conducting dive briefings
– Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
– Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
– Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What scuba gear will you use?
At this stage in your scuba diving you should already have your own scuba equipment. Therefore, you are expected to have the basics already. However, if you are missing anything or need any help & advise regarding kit then pop into Coast2Coast dive centre where we will be more than happy to help you.
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Your PADI Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.
We would also advise having some specialties under your belt too such as DSMB, Deep Diver, Wreck Diver and Night Diver - this will help you gain appropriate knowledge and enable you to assist on our popular courses when they are ran.
We run 1-2 PADI Divemaster courses a year. To check our next course dates and to book please contact us
Our Course Terms & Conditions can be read here, by purchasing this product you agree to all Terms & Conditions.