RAID Nitrox Diver
RAID Nitrox Diver
Do you want to extend your in-water dive time?
Do you want to gain a better understanding of decompression and use a gas that will allow you to do that?
The answers to these two simple questions are the reason why nitrox is the most popular diver specialty in the industry. Nitrox has proved to be so popular within the diving community that many dive centers offer only nitrox as their breathing gas.
Nitrox use has many benefits for scuba divers. But most divers use nitrox because it helps better manage the risk of decompression sickness. In the Nitrox course, you will learn the pros and cons of using nitrox as a breathing gas for sport diving.
You will learn new skills and extend your diving knowledge, including information such as why nitrox is often a better choice than air. Most importantly, this course will teach you how to plan nitrox dives, what you have to do to stay safe when you use nitrox, and how to analyze and label dive cylinders so that there is never a mix-up.
During the Nitrox program, you will complete the online academics and learn the following:
- How to use Nitrox mixes from 22%-40% Oxygen
- How to plan dives to a planned maximum PO2 of 1.4 bar and a contingency PO2 of 1.6 bar.
- What the causes and effects of Oxygen toxicity are and how to avoid them.
- How to safely analyze the Oxygen content in a Nitrox mix and know the depths at which you can use it.
- How to label your Nitrox cylinder appropriately.
- How to fill in a Nitrox log.
- What the benefits of enriched Oxygen are for sport divers.
2 optional dives.
These can be completed in one day at Vobster, or over 2 evening boat dives (entry and boat fees apply).
During your 2 dives you'll need to complete the below skills:
- Performa controlled descent
- Demonstrate proper communication
- Monitoe depth, bottom time and gas supply
- Not exceed a maximum PO2 of 1.4 bar
- Complete your ascent while demonstrating proper buoyancy
- Deploy SMB (either underwater or on the surface)
- Demonstrate controlled hover in trim for 2 minutes
- You must be a certified Open Water 20 diver or equivalent.
- You must be a minimum of 12 years old.
How to get started!
- Register/sign into your RAID account online at https://www.diveraid.com/
- Assign Dorset Diving Services as your local Dive Centre (Click your RAID Profile, Select 'View or change My Dive Centre')
- Have a browse through the courses and select the course(s) you'd like to do
- Download your FREE eLearning materials and start reading
- Let us know what course(s) you have selected and we can sit down & compare diaries to get you booked into your practical training!
- Payment for your practical training is required at the time of booking and all eLearning/Quizzes/Exams must be completed the day before your first practical session.
When completing this course you maybe asked to attend either Vobster Quay, a local shore site or a boat dive. Seperate entry and parking fees may apply - these are not included in the cost of your course.
Boat dives are on Monday & Thursday evenings from 1730 onwards and depart from Poole Quay. Student spaces are £60.
Vobster Quay will be on a Saturday or Sunday at a cost of £23 each.
You will need to make your own way to the sites.
Our Course Terms & Conditions can be read here, by purchasing this product you agree to all Terms & Conditions.