RAID Performance Diver
RAID Performance Diver
Are you as good as you want to be?
Are you ready to take your diving to the next level?
Then you're ready to become a Performance Diver.
The Performance Diver course is unique in the dive industry. It is designed to make you a better diver in almost any situation. The skills that you will learn in this course have been designed by some of the most respected divers in the world. Not only will this course make you a safer diver and prepare you for our other courses, but it will provide a range of skills you will use on every dive.
No matter how well you dive now, Performance Diver will make you even better.
If you're a new diver, it will teach you skills that will help you in every course you do and on every dive. If you already have good in water skills by the time you have finished, you will have great skills.
It is universally recognized that proper buoyancy control is essential for diver safety and control. This is one of the primary skills you will learn in this course.
However, this course is not just a buoyancy course, and is dedicated to sharpening your skills to a superior level. You will learn a number of skills like advanced buoyancy and trim, propulsion, laying line, emergency procedures, and working while being task-loaded.
The applications of the program are endless. Any dive in any environment or equipment design can be made safer, easier, and more fun by utilizing the skills mastered in this course.
The program may be completed using modified recreational equipment, sidemount, twinset or rebreather. The program may be completed in a pool or in open water.
- Minimum age of 15 years old with parent/guardian approval.
- Minimum age of 18 years old when training using rebreather.
- Minimum certification of RAID Open Water 20 (or equivalent)
How to get started!
- Register/sign into your RAID account online at https://www.diveraid.com/
- Assign Dorset Diving Services as your local Dive Centre (Click your RAID Profile, Select 'View or change My Dive Centre')
- Have a browse through the courses and select the course(s) you'd like to do
- Download your FREE eLearning materials and start reading
- Let us know what course(s) you have selected and we can sit down & compare diaries to get you booked into your practical training!
- Payment for your practical training is required at the time of booking and all eLearning/Quizzes/Exams must be completed the day before your first practical session.
When completing this course you maybe asked to attend either Vobster Quay, a local shore site or a boat dive. Seperate entry and parking fees may apply - these are not included in the cost of your course.
Boat dives are on Monday & Thursday evenings from 1730 onwards and depart from Poole Quay. Student spaces are £60.
Vobster Quay will be on a Saturday or Sunday at a cost of £23 each.
You will need to make your own way to the sites.