RAID Deep 40
RAID Deep 40
Is your current certification limiting you to a shallow depth? Upgrade it to 40m!
Come and explore the depths of 40m, whether it's a reef, wreck or a cave (requires further qualification). People often say there's not much to see past 30, but they're wrong - there's plenty more - so don't miss out get your 40m certification now.
This Specialty is designed to extend your knowledge and skills to allow you to dive to deeper depths safely. It develops the knowledge required to plan, prepare and analyse for your dive to reduce stress and confusion, allowing you to enhance your diving experience.
What's involved in the course?
You'll learn all about:
- The history of deep diving
- Reasons for deep diving
- Your personal equipment
- Specialised equipment for deep diving
- The physics for deep diving
- Physiology for deep diving
- Managing planning procedures for deep diving
- What else you can do to further your knowledge & skills for deep(er) diving
You'll complete your FREe-learning and 4 open water training dives.
- RAID Explorer 30 or higher (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 8 hours logged underwater open water diving
- Be a certified RADI Nitrix Diver (or equivalent)
- Minimum age of 15 years
- Completed eLearning and registration forms
- You must have your own primary torch
- We recommend having your own dive computer, SMB and slate & pencil
How to get started!
- Register/sign into your RAID account online at https://www.diveraid.com/
- Assign Dorset Diving Services as your local Dive Centre (Click your RAID Profile, Select 'View or change My Dive Centre')
- Have a browse through the courses and select the course(s) you'd like to do
- Download your FREE eLearning materials and start reading
- Let us know what course(s) you have selected and we can sit down & compare diaries to get you booked into your practical training!
- Payment for your practical training is required at the time of booking and all eLearning/Quizzes/Exams must be completed the day before your first practical session.
When completing this course you maybe asked to attend either Vobster Quay/National Diving Centre, a local shore site or a boat dive. Seperate entry and parking fees may apply - these are not included in the cost of your course.
Boat dives are on Monday & Thursday evenings from 1730 onwards and depart from Poole Quay. Student spaces are £60.
Vobster Quay (Frome)will be on a Saturday or Sunday at a cost of £23 each.
National Diving Centre (Chepstow) will be on a Saturday or Sunday at a cost of £22 each.
You will need to make your own way to the sites.