RAID Ecological Diver
RAID Ecological Diver
This a great course to learn all about the underwater eco-systems of the world and is available for both divers and non-divers!
The course has 2 parts - thoery (for divers & non-divers) & open water (divers only).
The theory consists of:
- The goals and challenges of marine conservation
- A holistic understanding of the ocean environment
- Anthropogenic or human-caused threats to the eco-system
- Current conservation strategies including proactive methods of repairing damage and the value of premeditated efforts influenced by monitoring and evaluation
- How scientific efforts influence policy
- Systematic behavioural changes that can accelerate conservation efforts
For the divers. Once the theory is completed you'll complete 2 open water dives that include focusing on the following:
- Buoyancy and trim exercises
- Buoyancy control on the bottom
- Finning frog kick and modified flutter
- Observation exercises
- RAID Open Water 20 (or equivalent)
- Minimum age of 15 years old
- Completed eLearning and registration forms
How to get started!
- Register/sign into your RAID account online at https://www.diveraid.com/
- Assign Dorset Diving Services as your local Dive Centre (Click your RAID Profile, Select 'View or change My Dive Centre')
- Have a browse through the courses and select the course(s) you'd like to do
- Download your FREE eLearning materials and start reading
- Let us know what course(s) you have selected and we can sit down & compare diaries to get you booked into your practical training!
- Payment for your practical training is required at the time of booking and all eLearning/Quizzes/Exams must be completed the day before your first practical session.
When completing this course you maybe asked to attend either Vobster Quay, a local shore site or a boat dive. Seperate entry and parking fees may apply - these are not included in the cost of your course.
Boat dives are on Monday & Thursday evenings from 1730 onwards and depart from Poole Quay. Student spaces are £60.
Vobster Quay will be on a Saturday or Sunday at a cost of £23 each.
You will need to make your own way to the sites.