RAID Instructor Crossover
RAID Instructor Crossover
It's time to join the RAID Family and enjoy Zero Fee Membership amongst a ton of extra perks!
Expand your skills base and ability with the RAID Instructor Crossover course and become an equivalently rated RAID Diving Professional.
Prior to participation in the program, Instructor Crossover candidates must:
- Register with Dorset Diving Services on the RAID website prior to enrollment in the crossover program.
- Provide all documentation as required.
- Provide copies of all instructor ratings that you are looking to cross over to RAID.
- Submit a valid diving medical.
Once enrolled and before the course start date, candidates must:
- Complete all the online mandatory paperwork.
- Upload a valid photo.
- Log a dive into the RAID system. The dive should state that it represents the total amount of time and total number of dives that the Instructor Crossover candidate has completed during his or her career.
- Complete all required online quizzes and exams. (IDP XO, OW20, Deep 40 Instructor and Nitrox Instructor)
During the in person 1 day course, you will develop your knowledge base and skills development to a level expected of all RAID professionals. You will participate in the following course segments:
- RAID crossover academic presentation.
- Buoyancy workshop
- In-water pro skill circuit evaluation for crossover skills
- Online logbook mini workshop.
- Online dynamic quality assurance and certification role play workshop.
This course is conducted in 1 day from 9am-6pm. Usually in the order listed above. But we reserve the right to change the order of the process to provide a more efficient teaching process.
The purpose of this course is to provide already qualified professionals the tools to adjust their teaching to efficiently teach RAID Divers. Candidates will be expected to arrive with the ability to teach neutrally buoyant with minimal coaching. If additional sessions are required to meet these requirements, these will be charged at an additional rate.
Once all steps in this course have been completed, you will be qualified as a RAID Instructor for Open Circuit with Deep 40 and Nitrox Specialty Instructor Ratings (if equivalent qualifications are held). Top ups for further equivalent quailfications or specialties can be discussed upon completion and completed at a later date.
COURSE FEE INCLUDES
- ALL ONLINE LEARNING REQUIRED
- POOL ACCESS
- 2022 MEMBERSHIP
- You must have all your own diving equipment, within its recommended servicable date.
- If more training is required, there will be an extra charge.
- You are expected to have accurate buoyancy and trims skills already.