RAID Navigation Diver
RAID Navigation Diver
Don't get lost on your next dive! Learn your way back to shore and save yourself a long surface swim or walk back along the shore with your heavy dive gear. You'll learn to navigate back to your start point and all other benefits & workings of a compass.
This Speciality is designed to extend your knowledge and skills in the use of navigational tools and techniques for Sport Diving. It develops the knowledge required to plan, prepare and analyse for your dive to reduce stress and confusion, allowing you to enhance your diving experience.
What the Course Involves
- You'll learn all about the different types of Navigation through your eLearning and practical session.
- You'll be introduced to different tools and techniques for underwater navigation.
- You'll need to complete the RAID online eLearning, quizzes and exams before starting your practical session.
- You'll do 2 open water training dives putting into action what you've learnt.
- Certified RAID Open Water 20 or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years old
- Completed eLearning & registration documents
- You'll need your own compass for the course.
How to get started!
- Register/sign into your RAID account online at https://www.diveraid.com/
- Assign Dorset Diving Services as your local Dive Centre (Click your RAID Profile, Select 'View or change My Dive Centre')
- Have a browse through the courses and select the course(s) you'd like to do
- Download your FREE eLearning materials and start reading
- Let us know what course(s) you have selected and we can sit down & compare diaries to get you booked into your practical training!
- Payment for your practical training is required at the time of booking and all eLearning/Quizzes/Exams must be completed the day before your first practical session.
When completing this course you maybe asked to attend either Vobster Quay, a local shore site or a boat dive. Seperate entry and parking fees may apply - these are not included in the cost of your course.
Boat dives are on Monday & Thursday evenings from 1730 onwards and depart from Poole Quay. Student spaces are £60.
Vobster Quay will be on a Saturday or Sunday at a cost of £23 each.
You will need to make your own way to the sites.