Everyone likes to scuba dive or snorkel in warm, clear water on a vibrant coral reef, yet many people know little about what they’re seeing or the importance of reef ecosystems. The AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course helps you appreciate the complexity of these habitats and teaches you how you can help conserve these vital systems.
Anyone who has an interest in the aquatic world can take this course - you don't have to be a diver. There are no prerequisites or age restrictions and no water sessions are required to earn this non-diving certification.
What will you learn?
Through classroom discussions, you learn:
– How coral reefs function and the complex nature of life on a reef.
– Why coral reefs are so important.
– Why many coral reefs are in serious trouble.
– What you can do to prevent further decline.
– How Project AWARE unites divers and water enthusiasts to make a difference.
Once you have purchased this course we will be in touch (within 48 working hours) to organise a course date with you. Courses are ran for approximately 2 hours at our dive centre and are presentation lead by one of PADI Professionals.
Our Course Terms & Conditions can be read here, by purchasing this product you agree to all Terms & Conditions.